What’s in my bag? I hear this question a lot. My bookbag is often overflowing and while I try to condense, EVERYTHING is essential! (Cat not included.) As Grandma used to say, “My bag is my life.”
- Food- top priority gotta fuel the machine over here. Typically, I pack a lunch and a few snacks (mid morning and mid afternoon). Example: Mid morning snack: Almonds & Orange, Lunch: Seitan, spinach, and brown rice (green mug/bowl), Afternoon snack: Banana & Kefir (from refrigerator)
- Hydration- Even in the winter you have to hydrate! Nuun is great for all electrolytes. (Even in the winter, I am drenched in sweat after a speed workout).
- Coach’s papers- I’m old school like that. I print Coach’s running plan, core workout, and drills for easy reference. I’m currently on my 5k plan for the F3 Winter 5k. (Thanks Coach Becki Spellman)
- Running clothes & Shoes: socks, tights, top, underwear, bra, headband, buff, etc. Mostly Oiselle, but you probably knew that. The Runwear Pullover is my favorite, recently I said, “I love it. I’m not sure how I ever lived without it. I wore it today with some rain drizzle. I love the chest. It protects my boobs and makes me feel strong.”
- Toiletries- bare minimum= hair brush, dry shampoo, deodorant, and bismoline. The Bismoline is actually from my Grandma and it’s great for blister prevention. Who ran at lunch? Not me….You’d never know.
- Massage/Lacrosse ball: You never know when you might need to roll out!
- Doterra’s Athlete Kit: If I feel like I need a boost, feeling sick, or need some muscle pain relief? Doterra’s Athlete kit has me covered. Essential Oils for speed (peppermint), sickness (Onguard- citrus and clove), relaxation (lavender), and pain relief (deep blue rub) .
- Not pictured: work papers (trust me, you don’t want to read my notes), flashdrive, keys, wallet, phone, maybe some other things, I forgot. haha.
And now you know, what’s in my bag! So yea, Grandma was right- my bag is my life. I’ve got a November Project shirt, a Lively headband, run your butt off Rundies, and food- which is definitely essential.