Veggie Packed Herb Bruschetta pairs well with Rose for a light appetizer or snack.
Serves: A small group (or yourself a few times)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup of basil
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto (or 1 tablespoon of Parmesan and another 1/2 cup of basil
- If desired slice and toast baguette (I prefer my bread untoasted, so I don’t do this), and set aside.
- To make the topping, blanch the vegetables.
- Grab a mixing bowl and fill with cold water and some ice.
- Boil water and steam frozen peas, spinach, and basil for 1 minute.
- Immediately place veggies in cold-ice water. This ensures that they stop cooking and sets their bright green color.
- Place blanched vegetables and pesto in the blender and process to desired consistency.
- Top baguette with vegetable-pesto mixture.
- ENJOY with a glass of rose.
Adapted from: The Feed Zone Cookbook